Tuesday, December 15, 2009

3 days, 3 belted sweaters


As you've likely noticed I am a fan of belts. I wear them all the time at my high natural waist (very rarely at my pants waist) with dresses and t-shirts and tunics. But what I very rarely do is wear them over sweaters. However inspired by FLOTUS and Lesley of Fatshionista I decided to give it a go and once I started I couldn't stop. All of these outfits are from Thanksgiving weekend and I ended up rocking the belted sweater 3 days in a row. We were having gorgeous fall weather that allowed me to spend the weekend running around town in nothing heavier than a sweater coat, so it helped enable these outfits.

The first time I belted a sweater I wasn't planning on it. I was actually planning on wearing the top I wore the very next day, but for some reason I just couldn't make it work. It was driving me crazy and I was staring at my closet when I saw Saturday's sweater that I hadn't yet worn this season. I bought it a year or two ago from Brooklyn Industries, quickly became obsessed and kind of wore it to death which is probably why it has languished in my closet this season. I grabbed the sweater and finally my outfit worked. This may also have been the first time I've ever worn a belt with the buckle to the side.

Saturday's Outfit

Purple t-shirt is a hand-me-down from JLR
Leggings are Danskin
Sweater is from Brooklyn Industries
Belt is Primark
Boots are from some random store in Camden


Earrings are a hand-me-down from Ateqah and I'm kind of in love with them. They're crotched from a very fine string and I keep wearing things in this color palette which perhaps isn't as quite a surprise, but I keep being amused at how many outfits these earrings match.



On Sunday I ventured into Manhattan to meet my best friend who was in town for Thanksgiving and her family for the Jane Austen exhibit at the Morgan Library. I'd been wanting to go to the Morgan ever since they opened from their renovations a few years ago and while the building itself is stunning and worth the entrance fee, the exhibits themselves were not worth my time or money. I however was fabulous. I think you've seen everything I'm wearing on Sunday, but never in this combination.

Sunday's Outfit

Leggings are Danskin
Button-down is some random brand via Re/Dress
Sweater-coat/cardigan is from Banana Republic
Purple cowboy boots of my dreams
Belt is Primark
Headband is from Goldy Mac
Necklace is from Peacocks

I rocked the belted sweater look again on Monday once we had to head back to the office.

Monday's Outfit

Dress is from B&Lu, a small plus size retailer that you should check out if you've never heard of them
Cardigan is Old Navy via Mirka
Belt is from Accessorize
Tights are Old Navy
Shoes were purchased at the Fat Girl Flea
Headband is from Ross
Pretzel necklace was purchased at last years Bust craftacular

Saturday's photo credit goes to Nicole, Sunday's photo credit goes to Karen and Monday's photo credit goes to one of my lovely co-workers that I cannot recall at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment