Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Portland Here I Come

This Thursday night I am off for a 4 day get-away to Portland, Oregon. And even though my apartment is still in total disarray and I should be unpacking, I am in desperate need for a little vacation so off to Portland I go. I went to Portland once years ago for Fat Girl Speaks and because I was considering moving there, but it has been almost 7 years since my visit, so my memories are hazy.

I know there's a lot to do and see and that there are a lot of rad fatties there and I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions for me. Obviously I plan to hit up Fat Fancy, but other than that I'm a bit of an open book.

So if you have any suggestions for me of the food, eating, drinking, shopping, sightseeing, coffee drinking, rad fatties, cute heterosexual bear watching variety please let me know what they are so I can put them on my list.

Also I'm having a bit of a packing conundrum. It's going to be a high of 59 while I'm there. It hasn't been that cold yet in NY, so I'm not sure what that means clothing wise. Would a jean jacket suffice? Is it a cashmere cardi weather? I've forgotten what 59 feels like. If it's that cold where you are please let me know how you've been dressing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Will keep waiting for you till then..happy journey!


    Office Assistant Job Description

    ReplyDelete
  2. during the day you will be fine with a light sweater... at night a jacket should work, maybe with a scarf! have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the trip was exciing. Now you can get back to showing off some winter dress ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd known about Fat Fancy when I was visiting Portland...how cool!

    Eat everywhere. Voodoo Donuts is my must-stop shop, but not everyone has as sweet a sweet tooth as I do. The Rogue brewery restaurant is pretty good, too. There are so many excellent places to eat that I'm blanking on - you know, that one place, it's kinda small? Ugh, brain.

    ReplyDelete