Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Hair and Office Sequins

Ta dah! Check it out, I have new, all natural hair.

Last spotted in 1998 and a two-year work in progress, it's my all natural hair color. I was more than a bit shocked when I discovered just how dark my hair really is and to be honest I wasn't all that pleased. But it's been a few weeks now (I'm quite the delayed blogger) and it's really starting to grow on me. The cut was inspired by a curly haired Maggie Gyllenhaal and while not quite as dramatic as I was hoping for it did re-dedicate myself to my stylist who I was thinking about breaking up with after a very long relationship.

You like?

I've also got on a very cute, new to me dress. I picked this up on my trip to Portland this past fall on Hawthorne Boulevard in the Southeast. Portland was glorious and I can't believe I never told y'all about it. When I finally wear the dress I got from Fat Fancy I'll give you an update.

It's just a simple black sweater dress that has the most AMAZING 80's shoulder pads and sequins. It's a continuation of my desire to bring sequins to the office, not just the weekend. I've paired my sequined sweater dress with some Duo boots and a headband from a Brooklyn street fair.


Photo credit to my beloved Ateqah.

8 comments:

  1. HNNNNNGGG THAT DRESS, THOSE SHOULDERS!!!!

    Love the hair, too, you look gorgeous all round :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sequins! Woot!! I need more sequins in my life. They're so hard to find here, unless they're kind of daggy mother-of-the-bride type things. Blech.

    Your hair looks cute natural, and I like the length you've got it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair style! I am trying to wear my hair more curly, too.

    And I have never died it, but if I start to see too many more grey hairs, I just might.

    Jeanine
    http://dressmytruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks cute and the outfit is great too! Love that you are able to keep sequins in your work attire! I'm your newest follower :)

    ashareyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words. It took me awhile to decide whether or not I truly loved my new do so your support helps. In case you're wondering I'm finally in the love camp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday, my friend bought a christian louboutin pumps sale which is so beautiful, i am surprised by the design and style. Do you have a pair of christian louboutin shoes now? if not, go to online store and have one, it is so amazing!!! There are many online stores having christian louboutin outlet, i believe you gonna like it!I like coach designer handbags as well and someone is looking for cheap chanel handbags? People usually prefer handbags outlet, especially when they visit some coach handbags outlet.

    ReplyDelete