Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bloggiversary

One year ago today I wrote my very first blog post. Wow. When I started I was just giving in to my friends suggestions that I write a bit about my love of dresses. I never imagined that people I didn't know, people from all over the world would read my ramblings and care about what I said or what I wore. I never imagined that you would find inspiration - of the fatshion or body acceptance variety - from me.

Blogging has had its ups and downs, but overall it has been a great experience. The other day a good friend of mine was writing on her blog and she said that I had challenged her to "critically examine societal standards of beauty and sexual attraction." That was pretty great.

I want to thank all of you dear readers. For reading, for commenting, for supporting me when I things were going awry in my non-fatshion world, for writing me some of the kindest emails I've ever received, for being there for me. Writing and hearing back from you, sharing stories and tips - it has truly been a pleasure getting to know all of you this past year.

There are so many amazing bloggers in the fat-o-sphere that are changing our lives for the better. I don't dare classify myself in their company, but I like to think that I've filled my little corner of the fat-o-sphere with some bright colors, fabulous accessories and a whole lot of whimsy.

I love you all.

xx

~bloomie

No comments:

Post a Comment