Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 9, Dress 99: Starting the New Year Off Sexy


A few months ago I asked for your input as to which dress I should keep of 2 very different dresses that a friend was offering up to me. I ended up getting one dress as a present and buying the other off of T-Pops but when I wasn't sure if I could do that I had already decided on today's dress as the keeper. It was the overwhelming favorite of y'all and as many of you pointed out, I didn't have anything like it in my closet.

When I first posted the dress to vote on several of you commented that while you liked the idea of the dress, you thought it was too tight on my lower half. Some of you suggested shapewear as a solution, but aside from being uncomfortable, bodies - mine perhaps more than others - have lumps and rolls and I'm ok with that.
Thursday was the first day of Rosh Hashannah, aka the Jewish New Year and I decided that I was going to start the new year off right - loving and embracing my body and looking fierce while doing so. In that end me and my lumps and bumps wore my sexy secretary dress from Torrid for the very first time.

The dress had so much going on that I kept the accessories simple. Silver wedges from Office and the earrings are from a Brooklyn street fair.

I'm not one for services, but my sister-in-law was leading services which made everything very special. We even had a celebrity spotting at services! NY is fun that way.

Photo credit goes to Nicole, my dear friend that I am so glad I got to start the new year with for the third year in a row. This past year wasn't what I would call my best ever and I'm hoping this coming one is a better.

On the Jewish New Year we eat a lot of sweet food and dip everything in honey in the hopes of having a sweet new year. Dear readers I hope you all have a sweet and happy new year filled with joy and happiness and of course some pretty clothes.

xoxo

~bloomie

12 comments:

  1. Good on you for starting the new year off self-accepting! It doesn't actually look too tight to me. Hehe, I noticed that you kept the accessories simple, I didn't know that was something you knew how to do;P
    Thank you very much for the well wishes! Wishing you the very best in the new year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! You look darling in that outfit! Va va va vooom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all too tight!
    I'm not completely against shapewear, but I love your approach on "lumps and rolls". I have a pretty distinctive body shape myself ("the infamous dent" between love handles and thighs for example...and kind of a small butt with a massive bulge on top of it... ;) ) and I think it's actually pretty fun to accentuate that!
    More power to you, lovely lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    Veronica it's hard for me to restrain myself but every so often I somehow am able to hold back. Like today I only wore the headband and sparkly moustache necklace. I restrained myself and didn't wear the earrings as well. tee hee hee.

    Mareen I concede that there may be a time or two that I would wear shapewear (perhaps if I were wearing a silk dress or somehow scored an invite to the Oscar's or something) but for a regular day like this I'm not into shapewear. But to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. still love the dress and you ;-) but still think it's a size too small. It's pretty but it could be gorgeous. So for me it's a miss. Although you still win since you dare. I envy you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and even if I an a strong believer of the bra, shapewear is just evil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had my druthers Shante the dress would have an inch or two more room in the bottom half, but beggars can't be choosers. And I still love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red belt with the black and white. Nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look good with that lipstick and I love the combi of the dress and belt.

    www.overdivity-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is such an awesome dress!

    http://lavender-lipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you look sexy in that dress

    ReplyDelete
  12. God I want to fuck this cocksucker in the ass

    ReplyDelete