Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 8, Dress 98: Remixing a Dress Is Hard

When I decided to continue this blog after September 2009 I said that I wasn't sure what I would do come next September. Could I blog a dress in September 2010 if I had already blogged about it earlier that year? I realized that I would never be able to do 30 Dresses again if I didn't use some dresses I had previously worn and blogged (albeit not in September 07, 08 or 09).

Some dresses are easier to remix than others. I had worn and blogged today's dress a few months ago so I wanted to do wear it in a different way than I had before. I discovered that today's dress, a Target dress via Ross is not a dress that is very easy to remix.

With a busy pattern I figured all I could do was change up the accessories. I went with a silver palette. I'm wearing a mirrored necklace and a flower in my hair that both came from Forever 21.

Paired with some silver shoes from Office.

If you have other remixing suggestions for this dress I would love to hear them.

Photo credit goes to JoJo.

7 comments:

  1. We're not always on the same page when it comes to accessories but I really like what you've done here. The shoes, necklace and bow match and go well with the tones of the dress. They are also age appropriate which you know I like (get out of the Junior's section!! - remember?). Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cardigan, or a t-shirt (long or short-sleeved) underneath; you might not even notice a black one, making it seem like a different dress altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your dress, but I LOVE your smile!! Jamie mentioned age appropriate, for me that;s a big deal, I'm 35 but look younger! But I don't think
    I've ever seen you in anything not age appropriate! Btw, when are you coming to London next? It'd be nice to meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of wearing something under a dress never occurs to me, but perhaps that is how I will make it work for the fall. Thanks.

    James, I find it funny that you said that considering this dress is from Target's junior plus line and the accessories are F21, the land of youth clothing.

    Little Miss Plump, I haven't seen you around here for awhile - hi! I think I'll be in London over Thanksgiving, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll be sure to let you know. We could meet for a pint in the Tuns and I can relive being a student all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those silver shoes are perfect - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job remixing this dress. The accessories are so cute, I love the flower in your hair.

    ReplyDelete